GUIDELINES / OFFICIAL RULES
Zooom Film Festival 2018 Official Rules & Guidelines
- Deadline for entry (both final forms and film) is August 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm MT.
- Entrants or teams can submit up to 3 films, each with their own separate entry forms
- The team leader must be between the ages of 11-18, actors and/or crew can be any age.
- For all team members under 18, a parents or guardians signature of permission is required
- All films will be reviewed by ZOOOM, if a films subject matter is too offensive ZOOOM reserves the right to omit any submission from the festival.
- Films of any genre may be submitted, even if it is previous work not completed in 2018
- All films ownership is retained the filmmakers. However, by entering your film, if selected as a winner, you grant the Okotoks Arts Council the right to use your film (in part or in whole) for exhibition or promotional purposes.
- Each winner agrees to participate in reasonable post-competition publicity for ZOOOM. This includes but is not limited to their attendance for interviews, photographs, videos and any other promotional activity specified by ZOOOM. By submitting you grant ZOOOM Film Festival & The Okotoks Arts Council the ability to use their name, photographs and videos of winner, likenesses and any other information regarding the winner.
All images, music and videos that are copyrighted work, that are used in whole or in part for your entry to ZOOOM, must have been granted permission for use from the content owner.
It may seem very tempting to download a popular song from iTunes and stick it in your film, but doing so without express written permission may disqualify you from competing in ZOOOM.
Solutions? Royalty-free music/videos are a great place to start. You could also pay a small fee for licensing rights to music, this is available online from various sources. Even better, if you are musical or know a musician, you can create your own original film score for your submission to ZOOOM.